Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stuck on Steampunk : /

Ok ... I admit it...I am stuck on Steampunk

My entry for the Created Byhand Challenge this week "You Go Girl"

Update: March 11

What is Steampunk? I have had several inquiries. The best way I can think of explaining it is, if you were able to travel back in time to the Victorian industrial age....when so much inventing was going on, and tried to create items from our era with the materials available then. You would end up with strange flying machines, computers that had the look and feel of an old typewriter, maybe a dishwasher made of an old ice box and so on.

I felt this card fit the theme because in those days most of the inventors were men. While the women stayed at home taking care of the children and house hold chores. But my lady is not content with sitting in the parlor watching the men have all the creative fun. I punched stars in the lens of the goggels to dipict the stars in her eyes as she sits with goggles in hand at the ready to meet the sky.

6 comments:

Lisa Bommarito said...

I love it!!!! Great perspective, and I admire how you always rise to a challenge........
~Lis

Unknown said...

interesting images and take on the theme.
Forgive my ignorance-what is steampunk?
thanks for sharing

Heavens2Betsy said...

Love, love, love your steampunk lady - she's stunning!

Jan said...

Nice work, Inke! A lot of subtle imagery here that really works.

Faye said...

Not only is this beautiful, your explanation of steam punk was an eye opener for me. I was too embarrassed to ask: what the heck is it all about?

peggy gatto said...

And you carry it off so well!!!!